Monday, November 15, 2004

Keeping Track

Just in case anyone is keeping track:

(I hope this isn't heresy or anything...) Greek restaurants have just recently surpassed Mexican restaurants as my absolute favorite. Astrid invited us to Unterschleissheim to one of her favorite Greek restaurants. It was a very pleasant atmosphere, bordering on really fun. They turned out all of the lights and made a big deal for a birthday at one of the other tables. And in a country where 'free refills' is a swear word, there were quite a few perks at this restaurant. They preempted the dinner with free Ouzo (good stuff), then followed our meals with free dessert and cocktails. Wow, that's pretty sweet, huh? But it's not over. As we were walking out of the door they handed each and every one of us a bottle of Greek wine. Can you believe that?

Oh, and keeping true to my roots, I can honestly say that I still prefer peanut butter to Nutella. Nutella has made some pretty good arguments (especially when I have serious hankerings for chocolate), but peanut butter is still hanging on. My new favorite snack: bananas and peanut butter ... Lecker! (Delicious!)

Also, if anyone feels the need to insult my LA Lakers, they will be reemed accordingly. No matter how far from my team I may be (and no matter how little I keep track of their current season statistics), I will not tolerate any Laker-haters. This applies especially to Pistons and/or Kings fans.

Enough said.

No comments: